Music In Schools
My name is Nigel Ipinson-Fleming.
I am best known as the keyboard player in OMD and The Stone Roses.
Over the course of the past 20 years I have run Gospel Choirs, Workshops, and Whole School Singing Assemblies in Bristol, across the South West and further afield.
Covid has had a dramatic impact on the delivery of music in schools, and as such I have been working with teachers to develop new and inventive ways of keeping music and spirits alive, one of which has been the production of bespoke 20-30 minute singing assemblies for classrooms and small bubbles.
The video includes:
2. Vocal warm up
3. Song introduction and teaching
4. Positive Thought
5. Special Announcements
6. Song Performances
Group singing provide people of all ages and abilities to use music to improve their wellbeing, supports good mental health strategies, and the development of good emotional health and resilience.
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School
- The Greenshaw Learning Trust
- St Stephens Primary School
- St Mary Redcliffe School
- Tyndale Primary School
- Bristol and South Gloucestershire Headteachers Associations
- Painsley Catholic College
- Cabot Learning Federation
- Stanbridge Primary School
- Nexus Learning Partnership